LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extract a portion of signal

Hello,

I thought of forwarding my problem again with the VI files. Please see the attached.

My application is : Ravi AD1210PCI.vi and others are the library functions came with A-D card.

In the top graph I display the wave form which I want to analysed and capturing via A-D card.(Signal A)

Below plot is the signal I get through parallel port where I want to get timing for signal extraction. (Signal B). I can see a digital wave there and the LED blinks according to the high and low levels. High and low values are the 120 and 112 which I can see in the text box.

Now I want to save a signal portion from signal A, corresponding to first 10 pulses of Signal B. That is from Pulse 1 to 10. And sabe it to first line of an 2-d array. Then the second portion would be the part of Signal A, which correspond to pulses of 21 to 30 (another 10 pulses so that the lenght should be same) of signal B, and store it in the second row of the array. This way I want to create a 2-D array or matrix, so that I can display it as an Image .

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,327 Views)
Hello Ravi, Although I can not rewrite your program, here I attach an image (not vi, because your LabVIEW version is not clear to me) of a block diagram where an 1-D array is converted to a 2-D array. I have written comments on the block diagram. Please see to it. You can add this portion in the core case structure of your program. Please let me know if it has not been an answer to your question. Sincerely P.K.Das NIJ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,293 Views)

Hi Das,

Thanks for your effort. But it addresses only a part of my problem. My first part of the problem is how to extract a portion of the signal.

I can display the waveform which I get  from A-D card. I have a separate counter also which has no connection to the signal. Say, my counter increments upto 100, and then starts to count from 0 again. I want to extract parts of the signal when the counter value is 0-50. I do not need the portions of 51-100.

Can u help me with this please?

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,276 Views)