From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to detect the shape of any subject over sensor mat ?

Hi Guys,

I have a sensor mat 4 row X 4 columns, it's connected to an Arudino UNO platform. 

the columns connected to the digital ports to give the mat 5V. while i'm reading the row data from the analogue pins (A0 to A3). 

my VI working properly and reading the data over intensity graph in Real Time.

my question is, how i'm gonna be able to detect the shape of any subject over this sensor mat ? for example (my hand ) !

any idea will help me a lot. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,579 Views)

How would you determine if you weren't using LabVIEW or the Arduino?

A 4 x 4 ma doesn't sound like much resolution.  How would your hand look in the data?  What would you want the output to be?  A picture?  The program saying, "Hey, that's a hand!"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,559 Views)

Hi, 

i know that 4x4 it's not a big  resolution, it's just the start, as it's going to be more than that 

my idea is to have a real time clip to represent my hand when i put it on the mat, and gone back to blank when nothing on the mat. 

please check the pic. similar to this, and depends on my hand pressure i'll know where it's going to be red (high pressure), amber (medium) and green (when there's no pressure). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,551 Views)