Did you mean: 

how to connect an osciloscope to the graph

Solved!
Go to solution
how to enable channel on the elvis osciloscope
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,263 Views)

How is your question related to the one in the message subject? Please post in bit more detail.

Please post in ELVIS board for more responses if your question is releated to that one. That is here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NASSOR_KINDY
how can i take the voltages from 0V to 10V in the 0.2V  interval to the osciloscope on the elvis board, help me please.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,218 Views)

Hello,

Could you tell me more about what you would like to do? Do you need to know how to connect to these channels physically or how to view the data in software? Which ELVIS board are you using?

You can find the Oscilloscope VI in Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI Elvismx >> Instruments >> Oscilloscope.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,203 Views)
Your question doesn't appear to be answered yet, but you marked your new reply as the solution to your original question.  Not only is that reply not the solution, it could prevent you from getting as much help as  you possibly can as others may pass the message thread by when they see it marked as solved.  If you to to the Options menu to the upper right of your reply #3, you can unmark that message as the solution.
Message 5 of 14
(4,196 Views)
Thank you very much for your response, i am facing the problem on collecting my the data from the software, also i am confused with the connection of wires on the board, i am using ELVIS 1, I have the input voltages at range of 0 to 10V at the interval of 0.2V so i wanted to observe all these from the data in an array, please help me on these, if possible let me send my email for more easy communication.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,177 Views)
my email address please help me on these problem it is very difficult to continue with my project,nassorkindy@yahoo.com, i will be able to attach the labview code that i have also wrtten.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,171 Views)

NASSOR KINDY wrote:
Thank you very much for your response, i am facing the problem on collecting my the data from the software, also i am confused with the connection of wires on the board, i am using ELVIS 1, I have the input voltages at range of 0 to 10V at the interval of 0.2V so i wanted to observe all these from the data in an array, please help me on these, if possible let me send my email for more easy communication.

Hi Nassor

First of all I do not understand your question, and I guess it is not only me having problem in understanding your problem. You have to be much more specific about what you have done so far, where you struggle and why. If I was your teacher I would have been, quite irritated if I was asked such a question. On the other hand if you there my student and you presented a list, showing that you actually had put some effort in explaining your problem. I would gladly have helped you. And this forum works the same way. I do not say you are fishing for an easy way out, in your school project. Put people with that attitude do not get much help in this forum.

I have never used Elvis. But as I understand the Elvis unit is based on DaqMX. You will find a lot Daq examples on the www.ni.com site. Just search for Daqmx. Also I am quite sure your Elvis unit was shipped with a lot of examples. Have you tried the "find example" option under help in the toolbar. I also think NI have compiled a set of Express VIs for the Elvis unit. Show some courage and explore different options. Sitting on your thumbs will not do you any good.

Here is some useful tips for the Labview beginner (we have all been there some time)

1)Then starting a new LLabview session enable context help (Ctrl+h). Do not be afraid to use the detailed help option

2)Then stuck, go to help in the toolbar then select find examples

Message Edited by Coq rouge on 04-27-2009 12:49 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,111 Views)

Hello,

Do you have the ELVIS manual? The link is below. Please see page 3-7 and 3-8 that tells you where to find the pin connections and channel names. Also please take note of page 3-13 which indicates "If you are using the Oscilloscope, disconnect any signals from ACH3 and ACH4 to avoid double-driving the

channels".

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373363e.pdf

Also, can you give more information as to what steps you have tried, which application you are using or have created your own code?

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,091 Views)

thank you very much for your help, the connection of the osciloscope on elvis protoboard is done, the problem that i am still having is on writing the lab view code that will enable me to take the whole input voltages from 0V to 5V in the interval of 0.2V as AND gate input in the elvis oscilocope at channel A with the respective output at the channel B then drawing  the XY graph that will show the output voltages against in put voltage,Remember i have done with the code that supplying these voltages from the variable power supply to the AND gate.

Best Regards 

Nassor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,063 Views)