LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to combine three program

Hi everyone

i have design three program base on RS232 to control a dispense unit's dispense time dispenser pressure, and its dispense programe,which use for a printer. but i do not know how to combine this three programs in one front panel, can set the time and pressure

anyone can help with this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Make a program containing all the common communication code. Now use a case structure to select between the three different data constructs.

Your code is overly complicated. There is way too much unnecessary stuff (e.g. (1) Use a U8 array diagram constant instead of building U8 arrays from dozens of scalar U8s. (2) In some places you convert to a string and back to U8 array for no reason at all, (3) etc...)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,627 Views)

my code is depend on the instruction book of dispense unit, i think that better use a SUBVI to combine them

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,618 Views)

@lilight wrote:

my code is depend on the instruction book of dispense unit, i think that better use a SUBVI to combine them

I don't know what that means. Can you explain?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,614 Views)

Yes for example the command for the pressure is stx 0EPH_ _CH200P[][][][]?? ,[][][][] means the pressure,?? is the checksum. therefore if want to set the right command should calculate the cheksum. my program include these

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,612 Views)

can you teach me how to combine them on one front panel?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,597 Views)