LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to clear polar plot Programmatically

How to clear polar plot Programmatically, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,770 Views)

I would guess the same way any other chart is cleared, though I haven't used polar plots much.

Normally I would right-click on the polar plot onn the front panel > create property node > Value (signalling) and pop that down on the block diagram. Then wire an empy plot to the input of the property node. If you just right click on the input and create constant it should do that by default.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,764 Views)

Dear Mattetc

Thank you for your help. I tried your method, but haven't solved the problem yet. I paste my source code for your referece.

Thanks again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,750 Views)

You're not telling the program too clear the plot, you're telling it to paint the background white and stop.

Try this.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
Message 4 of 6
(2,730 Views)

This doesn't technically clear the plot, it's writing an array of zeroes to it. But if all you want is to make the plot appear to dissapear that's ok.

I've taken a closer look and found that you have to use the Erase First property node to set which pictures can be erased. The default is never erase any, which is why the plot doesn't clear.

Then, you can get an empty picture constant from the pictures sub-pallet and wire that into the Value (Signalling) property node and it will work.

I have attached one VI with and one without the event structure to tidy things up, but you may not have the event structure available to you. I wrote these in LV2012.

Download All
Message 5 of 6
(2,719 Views)

With Camerond and Mattetc's help, I have solved the problem.

I attached my vi to show what is the problem and how to solve it.

I saved the source file in version 11.0

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,692 Views)