LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the numbers inside a meter into letters

Hello everyone  i'd like to change the numbers inside a meter into letters like changing the number 0 to letter a but no matter how i try i couldnt do it can anyone help or ist even possible to change the numbers of a meter into a letter ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(662 Views)

@DestroF wrote:

Hello everyone  i'd like to change the numbers inside a meter into letters like changing the number 0 to letter a but no matter how i try i couldnt do it can anyone help or ist even possible to change the numbers of a meter into a letter ?

Sometimes it is helpful to include a picture so that we know exactly what you want.  Are you trying to make something like this?Meter with LettersMeter with Letters

Sorry, it can't be done.  

Of course, I'm kidding.  If this is what you mean by "Meter", the first thing you need to figure out is what values you want the letters to represent.  The above Meter is right from the Front Panel Numeric Palette, and has a default Scale of 0 to 10.  That's what I used.  You now need to enable "Text Labels" (its one of the last tabs on the Property setting, and check "Use text labels for scale markers".  I left the default "Sequential Values" checked, and just filled in A through K (A = 0, K = 10) and, as the British say, "Bob's your uncle!". 

[Uncle} Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(621 Views)