LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add an automatic cursor on an xy-graph

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, I was wondering if there were any property nodes on a graph that would alow for a cursor to autmatically scroll across a graph... basically, I'm loading a bunch of static data to an xy-graph.  And I want a straight line, perpendicular to the x-axis, to move across my static data, updating once a second... so I have an hour of static data, and I would like a cursor to move once a second across my data... I can't get a property node to do it... any suggestions?

much thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fibo

First you need to add a cursor then use the property node for the position, like this

cursor.jpg

Rodrigo Cuenca
www.cidesi.com

Message 2 of 6
(3,202 Views)
There are properties for ActCrsr (active cursor) and Cursor.PosX that you could use.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,201 Views)
Thanks for the responses... is there anyway to do this without adding the cursor legend? I just want the plot to display, and I can't get the property nodes to work, here's a simple VI of whatI'm trying to do... well it's not working, but that's what I'm tryign to use
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,197 Views)
Nevermind, I got it, I added the cursor legend, used it to make a cursor, then removed teh cursor legend, and teh cursor stayed... thanks for the suggestions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,195 Views)
You need to create the cursor first, select visible items> cursor legend, then add the cursor right click in the cursor legend create cursor, and finally you hide the cursor legend
Rodrigo Cuenca
www.cidesi.com

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,190 Views)