LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add an array of data in Citadel database

I have an array of data which I want to directly put it in the Citadel Database. Normally the write tag VI writes one value at a time. How can this be done ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,043 Views)
It depends on what you really want. Could you be a little more specific? Does each point have its own separate timestamp? If so, you could simply put the "Write Tag.VI" inside a FOR LOOP and insert values one after another. This would give a separate timestamp to each value. I have attached a simple VI that shows how to do this.

Or are you looking to record some type of vector, where you log a complete array of data at each interval? I don't think this is possible (I'm using DSC 6.02) unless the data-type is a bit-array, in which case you would simply use "Write Data (bit array).vi".

Another option, depending on what you are aiming for, would be to create your own "VI-based Device Server" and use the VIs on the palette submenu call
ed "DSC Server Development". With your own Device Driver you can write multiple datapoints to the input queue simultaneuosly. In this way, you can write more than one point at a time... but that doesn't mean that each time interval will contain an array of data. Assuming that the data is analog, the data will still be logged to Citadel "one after another" so that when you look at it with the HTV, you will see one curve of analog values.
http://www.medicollector.com
Message 2 of 3
(3,043 Views)
These are really good points from John Paul. Citadel 4 is a streaming database and logs values 'point by point' with increasing timestamps.

All the tips are correct and I would like to add an additional one.
If you have just an array of anything you might concider to type cast this array to a string and log the string with a string tag. (TEXT or BLOB). The problem or the disadvantage - you would need to know exactly the format to uncast the string to your array when you retrieve the data. If you stay with your application within LabVIEW this should be easy.

Hope this helps
Roland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,043 Views)