From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how set graph position on panel

Hello. Simple question: How programmatically set a graph positon on panel ? I change size and I want alligne all graphs toogether.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,381 Views)

Somehow, your question already contains the answer.

The only step you are missing: you are talking about a property.

Spoiler
Property => Property Node, the property you are looking for is something you already wrote as noun in your post... you misspelled it because a vocal is missing...

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,378 Views)

Yea.. great. I found it, but how to set sizes and position... this is a magic. Nothing work correctly... In other langages is simply... left, top, width, ...here.."bound" - cannot use is read only, using plot area... everything is in chaos... Position something in labview is like a horror....Now I lost about 3 hours and nothing....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,361 Views)

You are correct that resizing graph elements isn't very easy in LV. Maybe you want to file a product suggestion for it (if not already available....)?

Nevertheless, you can use the PlotAreaSize to resize the graph.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,359 Views)

Take a look on graph "kanal 1". I try set size, position, but results... I cant set position of graph, only a plot area. But then graph background is going to be much bigger. How set size and position of graphs ?? anybody  ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,323 Views)

You CAN set the position of the graph itself. The property "position" can be changed to "Write".

Resizing of the graph cannot be done on the graph itself as "Bounds" is a read-only property.

For resizing, you have to use the property "PlotAreaSize" which is the height and width of the plot area. You have to offset spaces for axis (labels?) if you want to make sure that the GRAPH gets a certain size rather the plot area.

Default offset for a modern graph with a singel X and a single Y axis are: 94 width (Y axis), 70 height (X axis).

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,315 Views)