LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you access the property node of a control which is a cluster when it is in an array of array?

I have a user defined control that is a cluster.  I put this into an array.  How do you access the property node for a cluster element that is in the control that is in the array?  I want to disable one of the cluster elements programatically.  The enable/disable state will be the same for the single cluster element for entries.

Any ideas?  I've been tinkering with property nodes and references without much luck.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,858 Views)

Hi Jim,

get the reference of the array. With this reference you use a property node to read the reference of an array element - your cluster.

With the array element reference you can get the references of all items in the cluster…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,856 Views)

Thanks.  This does it.

Cluster Element.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,847 Views)

@Jim12345678 wrote:

The enable/disable state will be the same for the single cluster element for entries.

This is good because it is more or less impossible to have it not be this way.  Remember an array will contain scalar data, and each element in the array must be of the same type, and property.  Value is the only thing that can vary between elements in an array.

This means if you have an array of cluster elements, and you want to disable one element of the cluster, it will disable that one element of the cluster in each cluster index in the array.

You can disable each element of the cluster, manually by right click the control going to Advanced >> Enable State.  This can be done programatically as GerdW mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,837 Views)