LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i solve this error while i run the program

how do i solve this error while i run the program?
Error -200220 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).v:1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,584 Views)
Hi

Are you sure that 200220 is the error code?

Can you get a screenshot of the error message and/or the code(Block diagram)?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,566 Views)
That error is

Device identifier is invalid.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,554 Views)

This error occurs if you are referring to a device that is not present at your system. If you are using a data acquisition device, make sure that you are referring to it as it appears under Devices and Interfaces on your

Measurement and Automation Explorer. There is no Dev22 on my system and this is why I am receiving the error as you can see on the image.

KostasB

NIUK Applications Engineering

Message Edited by KostasB on 05-27-2008 06:03 AM
Message 4 of 8
(2,545 Views)
You can create a "virtual" DAQmx device in MAX and use it in Labview.

RayR
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,530 Views)
HI ,
Thank you very much for ur replies ..
Now  i want to connect NI 9012 with my computer . there are  USB port & ethernet cable port .. I would like to know tht which cable should i use ????( straight thru cable or cross over cable <RJ45>)
Thank you very much
kit
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,510 Views)
Are you referring to a cRIO device?

"The NI cRIO-9012 embedded real-time controller features an industrial 400 MHz Freescale MPC5200 real-time processor for deterministic and reliable real-time applications. The cRIO-9012 contains 64 MB of DRAM memory and 128 MB of nonvolatile storage. "

This is different than a DAQmx device...  which would explain the choice of an Ethernet cable 😉  If through a hub, then straight cable.. I can't remember if connected to directly to a PC requires a cross-over cable..  I'd have to dig up my cRIO manual..  🙂
Message 7 of 8
(2,506 Views)
If you connect directly from a PC to a cRIO 9012, you need a crossover cable. However, if your PC is Dell then you can just use a straight cable and the computer will handle the communications.

KostasB

NIUK Applications Engineering
Message 8 of 8
(2,479 Views)