LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i run a vi i created in windows version labview in the mac version labview?

I have created a VI in the windows-version of LabVIEW. I want to be able to run this in the MAC version. Is this possible without purchasing the MAC version of LABVIEW?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,647 Views)
No.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,642 Views)
The VIs themselves can generally be transferred between platforms, but you'll need the correct version of LabVIEW to open and run them.
Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,622 Views)
If they were only stand-alone vis that i wanted to run, would that be easier to use between the platforms?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,605 Views)

What do you mean by stand alone VIs?

There are certain functions that are not cross-platform compatible. They include the .NET and ActiveX functions. The windows only function are marked as such in the on-line help. Certain hardware functions are windows only. This would include DAQmx. If you use that, you need to convert to DAQmx Base.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,603 Views)
By stand-alone I mean that i have made my vis into .exe files.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,550 Views)
If you build an exe on a windows platform, you can run it only on a windows platform. The only cross-platform support is with the source code and you must have the MAC version of LabVIEW in order to load the source code.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,547 Views)
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,543 Views)