LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I pass an array (string format) to a CLF

Hi all,

I need to pass a 64 byte string into a CLF.  The string is is representing a USB packet.  Here is an example:

m_data0 = 0x03

m_data1 = 0x00

m_data2 = 0x10

m_data3 = 0x00

m_data4 = 0x09

m_data5 = 0x55

m_data6.....m_data63 = 0x00

I am currently building the string and indexing it into an array (indicator).  This should act like a buffer?

I then want to pass that value into a CLF.  I am not sure how to make the data pass????

More specifically, how to format my CLF input terminal/parameter.

I have attached an image for reference.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,296 Views)

BryanS wrote:

I am currently building the string and indexing it into an array (indicator).  This should act like a buffer?

I then want to pass that value into a CLF.  I am not sure how to make the data pass????

More specifically, how to format my CLF input terminal/parameter.

Please post the function prototype and any documentation you have about the function you are trying to call; that will make it easier to provide good advice.

If the string will always be 64 bytes, and that is the length that the function expects, then it is easier to configure the Call Library Function parameter as an array of U8 and never deal with strings at all, especially since it looks like you need to set individual bytes within that array and are not dealing with actual text.

The first line I quoted from your message above doesn't make any sense.  What does "indexing into an array (indicator)" mean?  The value on a wire itself is a basically a buffer in memory, no need for an indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,283 Views)

@nathand wrote:
What does "indexing into an array (indicator)" mean?  The value on a wire itself is a basically a buffer in memory, no need for an indicator.

Smells like a local variable infestation. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,280 Views)