LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we make our computer system specific for our application,desktop should remain hiddden and my application should start as soon as my computer starts .

Hi all ,

Can anyone help me in making my application specific to my pc i.e. I want that application to be opened as soon as my pc starts and desktop and rest details should remain hidden.Only one person should be able to access desktop and other features of that system.

Thanks & Regards !
Sarita (Mind Power )
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,349 Views)
I assume you're using Windows? To get your application to open when you log in, just put a shortcut for it into the Startup folder. The rest of what your attempting is not clear to me. Please give more details. If you want only one particular person to be able to log on, disable all the other non-admin local accounts. If you're on a domain, get your Sys Admin to only allow only that one particular user access to that machine.
Message 2 of 5
(2,346 Views)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your propmpt response.

When we start our system,operating system starts booting up and as soon as that booting process is over,we are able to view desktop .Here I want my application to be viewed by the person whosoever starts that system as soon as the operating system finishes it's booting process.

If sometimes ,we want to access the desktop for viewing some additional features like data logged at some location,only single person should be able to access that part.

Regards

Sarita (Mind power)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,343 Views)
I still assume you're using Windows.....and you're using automatic logon by embedding the username and password in the registry. If that's the case, I don't see how you can allow only a single person access to the desktop. Anyone standing in front of the computer will have access.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,340 Views)
Hi, as I understood your question, you want to have your program covering the desktop, making it unpossible for the user to reach the common windows features, like using the explorer or the start menu. Is that right?
I had a similar problem, luckily I was able to restrict the user from using the keyboard. So it worked to set the VI properties in the Window appearance section to "dont't show window title bar" and in the section "window runtime position" set the window size to "maximized". If you set the start menu to "automatic hidden" (I don't know the exact term, since my OS is in german) the user isn't able to reach anything else than your program.
So, if you need the keyboard, another way to prevent the user from hitting some not-wanted key combinations like the windows key or Ctrl+Esc you can use the program AutoHotkey, with this you can catch those keystrokes.
Hope this helps,
greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,329 Views)