LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i measure temperature using thermocouple using labview?

please  list out the procedures to be followed to measure temperature using thermocouple using labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,630 Views)

Do a search in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).  There are a ton of simple Analog Input examples in there using DAQmx.  One you might be most interested is "Thermocouple - Continuous Input.vi".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,627 Views)

Measure the voltage accross the two wires and scale according to calibration (you can easily find 3rd order polynomial equations for the various types of thermocouples; some have more accurate equations available too).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,598 Views)

1)  Buy USB-TC01.

2)  Plug it in.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)

I must say I am pretty impressed with the ease of use, flexibility and cost of the USB TC-01.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,566 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

I must say I am pretty impressed with the ease of use, flexibility and cost of the USB TC-01.

-AK2DM

I agree. I was almost embarrassed to buy my first one.  One channel?  Plug "n" Play???  Pffft. 

Now I have four of them.  Smiley Embarassed

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,531 Views)