LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how build a PDA application with a custom DLL

Hello.
I've developed a simple Win32 DLL with C++ Builder to make a test in LabVIEW for Windows: it worked fine. Now I need to build that vi to the PDA, and I get this error: "Error building the executable. Unable to create file". I've added to "source files" in "Tools -> Build for PDA" this files:
- test.vi (the vi)
- Project1.dll (the Win32 DLL I've created)
- Project1.lib (the lib file related with the DLL)

I would like that you tell me what am I doing wrong, and how can I build successfuly one vi like this one.

Thanks in advance.

PS: In attachment are the files in question.
Message 1 of 8
(3,362 Views)
Here are the files.

Sorry
Message 2 of 8
(3,348 Views)

@NelsonNeves wrote:
Hello.
I've developed a simple Win32 DLL with C++ Builder to make a test in LabVIEW for Windows: it worked fine. Now I need to build that vi to the PDA, and I get this error: "Error building the executable. Unable to create file". I've added to "source files" in "Tools -> Build for PDA" this files:
- test.vi (the vi)
- Project1.dll (the Win32 DLL I've created)
- Project1.lib (the lib file related with the DLL)

I would like that you tell me what am I doing wrong, and how can I build successfuly one vi like this one.

Thanks in advance.

PS: In attachment are the files in question.

I don't think you can do that in such a way. The PDA does not run Win32 for x86. They have typically an ARM type CPU, which is not binary compatible to the x86 architecture. Pocket PC OS is compiled to run on such CPUs. Your DLL must be compiled like that too in order to let Pocket PC OS succeed in loading that DLL into memory. You will most probably need a special edition of Visual C in order to be able to compile the DLL to run on Pocket PC OS.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 8
(3,340 Views)
Hello again.

I've done what you've said: I've created two dll's: one for PDA device and another for PDA Emulator with eVC++ 4.0, but when I trie to build it to PDA I always get this two errors:
- When I select the path of the dll -> "LabVIEW.exe - Unable To Locate Component: ... COREDLL.dll was not found";
- When I do "Build for PDA" -> "sum is missing VI or C file", where "sum" is the name of the function in the dll.

NOTE: I've added to "Source Files" this ones:
- dllVI.vi (the VI);
- dllTest.cpp (the C file);
- dllTest.dll (the DLL);
- dllTest.lib (the lib file related with the DLL).

I wold appreciate that you can help me and tell me what am I doing wrong.

Thank you for your time.

PS: In the attachment are the files that I've used to test.
Message 4 of 8
(3,336 Views)
Hello,

Perhaps this thread should help you :

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=86801&requireLogin=False

Regards,

Jean-Claude J
NI France
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,302 Views)
Hello again.

I had some problems building the VI for PDA running PocketPC 2003, because I've been building the stub dll with C++ Builder (Borland made), and it didn't work. I needed to build the stub dll with Visual C++ (Mocrosoft made) and then I've been succeed.

God knows why! 🙂

Thanks to all that helped me.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,276 Views)

@NelsonNeves wrote:
Hello again.

I had some problems building the VI for PDA running PocketPC 2003, because I've been building the stub dll with C++ Builder (Borland made), and it didn't work. I needed to build the stub dll with Visual C++ (Mocrosoft made) and then I've been succeed.

God knows why! 🙂

Thanks to all that helped me.

Well, I don't think you need God for this. The reason is that PocketPC PDAs typically run an Intel XScale CPU and that is a CPU based on ARM and not x86. Visual C .Net supposedly comes with support for creating PDA applications for PocketPC OS,  which is as far as I know  some sort of cross compiler.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,268 Views)

Hi.

I have tried you DLL-Test but I could not get it working for me.
I always get the answer that the C-file is missing.

Can you help me with this problem?

Please reply to the following e-mail address:  martin.kunze@boening.com

With kind regards

Martin Kunze

With kind regards

Martin Kunze

KDI Digital Instrumentation.com
e-mail: martin.kunze@digital-instrumentation.com
Tel: +49 (0)441 9490852
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,077 Views)