LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hioki power 3390 analyzer driver , log to TDMS

Hi,

I downloaded the Hioki power anayzer 3390 labview driver from the hioki website and i can graph measurments from my power meter in labview over ethernet.

It does a read every 100ms of the values i specifiy in an array in labview. 

I'd like to log this data in a TDMS file in labview.

How do i configure the signal names ( channel names) easily in a TDMS file? I will have 40 channels/Signals logged

Most of the labview demos are creating TDMS from some fancy express VIs which makes the process easier.

All i have are some doubles which update every 100ms which need to find their way into TDMS with the relevant channel names. Voltage 1 , Current 2 etc.

I tried the express VIs: "Write to meas file" and "Set dynamic data attributes". The "Set dynamic data attributes" only allows one dynamic data signal name to be modified which seems pointless. 

There are currently 4 doubles in my VI, the content of which will change depending on which signals i set for logging.

See attched pic.

James

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,953 Views)

I was able to specify my channel names easily by adding a 1d array of strings to the Write TDMS VI.

Now i just need to add the 4 channels (doubles) to a 1D array and feed them into the write TDMS vi.

Sounds easy but all of the demos i see create arrays using Auto indexing. If I already have 4 doubles , how can i add these simply into a 1D array?

James

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,932 Views)
The simplest way is to use the Build Array function.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,927 Views)

I used the build array function, i then fed the array into the Data input on the TDMS Write.

My TDMS log file now looks like this:

Umn

It only displays the first channel name (umn) in my array even though i was feeding in 4 channel names.  ( its a 1D array of 5 strings )

Any ideas ?

James.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,906 Views)

correction 1d array of 4 stings

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,905 Views)

I used debug data values in my Build array function    :

When i logged my tdms file i got

UMN

So its putting all of the data from my 4 channels into one channel.

I want :

umn   IRMS    P      S

1        2           3      4

Every iteration of my loop I add to the TDMS. ( only 1 sample from each channel)

James

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,897 Views)