LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi My friendHow to create an Amplifier in LabVIEW?If any one can help me to improve Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR) by LabVIEw?thanks

hi My friendHow to create an Amplifier in LabVIEW?If any one can help me to improve Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR) by LabVIEw?thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,214 Views)

LabVIEW is a programming language, not a circuit simulator. The "multiply" primitive is an amplifier and does not add any noise.

Please provide more detail on what you want. Are you looking to filtering?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,204 Views)

While the multiply operator doesn't add noise, it does multiply existing noise.  Keeping your signal to noise ratio constant (this is also true of basic amplifier circuits). To improve signal to noise ratio focus on improving the source signal or employ filtering/averaging.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,179 Views)

I already used the "multiply" but the noise ratio increase just like the signal in the same ratio. I have 50 Hz noise from the electric Inherent with the signal
I need to improve the Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR) by LabVIEw

i use bandpass filter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,160 Views)

I have piezoelectric chip I made the wiring diagram for it 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,156 Views)

It is still not clear what you want. Are you looking for a hardware solution or a software solution? Are you mostly worried about 50Hz noise or noise in general? What is the frequancy of the signal? or is it DC? What response time to a changing signal do you need to be able measure? Can you show us a typical signal and tell us what you want to improve? What is the current S/N? What S/N are you trying to achieve?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,150 Views)

As altenbach is saying, there are a wide variety of both hardware and software solutions BUT they all depend on knowledge of both your signal and noise.  What you need is Filtering, not amplification, they are significantly different in both design and purpose.  Since you specifically state you have a 50Hz noise signal, I am assuming this is from your power supply.  Sheilding your cables will provide significant noise reduction and filtering can provide even more.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,103 Views)