LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handle array in multiple for loops

Why do you have the inner while loop?

Why you initializing that inner while loop with an empty 3D array?  As a result of that, your outer For Loop will run exactly 0 times, and you'll get nothing in the end.

Please attach an actual VI and not a jpeg that contains some real code with real data.   Otherwise I'm not going to be able to help anymore.  I'm afraid that your convoluted attempts so far mean you really don't understand arrays and the different array functions in LabVIEW.  I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials:
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(674 Views)

In addition to what RavensFan requested, please provide an example spreadsheet file (.csv, .xls, etc.) of what you want the data to look like.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(670 Views)

Thanks for the assistance all... please see the attached stripped program and output file i am expecting that the data file would be what i could pass out to create a measurement report based. I do apologize if my phrasing is convoluted. This issue is rendering a significant time suck for me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(647 Views)

This VI will show you how to arrange the data in the way you want on your spreadsheet. The "Initialize Array" function just makes the 4 datapoints that it looks like you are collecting, so that's where your actual data would go.

One suggestion, instead of making a separate shift register for each data type, you might consider having fewer, or even a single shift register which holds a cluster of all that information. 

Arrange Data.png

Message 14 of 15
(636 Views)

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(629 Views)