LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hand shake signal in CAN

can any one tell how to write hand shake signal in between two device using CAN protocol in LabVIEW,,

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,421 Views)
cross-posted here
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Hi

can u give some example on this

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,405 Views)
Hi , I will requote Proulx for the example - There are several example that come with the NI-CAN driver. To view the examples in LabVIEW, go to help -> Find Examples. Then go to Hardware I/O -> CAN. There are examples for read and writes. I would suggest starting from the CAN Transmit - Event Based.vi and CAN Receive.vi for the frame API. You can also look at the single sample event output.vi and single sample input.vi for the channel API. Please let us know for any futher assitance Thanks and Regards , Pranchal National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,380 Views)

thanks for reply,,,

my actual problem was,, i need to test one DUT,, before start of the test  i need to chek whether DUT ready or not by using CAN(hand shake signal,, so i am not getting how to code it in LabVIEW,,

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,376 Views)

Basically typical handshaking will require you to check the response of input back from device through normal CAN Communication once you have given an output out to it .

Can you please elaborate what difficulty are you facing exactly in doing so ?

Thanks

Pranchal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,344 Views)