LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hOW CAN I MODEL A TANK IN LABVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

I WANT TOIMPLEMENT  a pid CONTROLLER FOR A TANK . i WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MODEL A GIVEN TANK IN LABVIEW PLZ HELP ME ......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,446 Views)

(You should hav your keyboard repaired, something is wrong with the caps-lock key. Did you ever spill sugary soda on it?)

The numeric palette has a tank indicator, so that's a good start. Obvously, to model a PID controller, you need much more than a tank. I assume the controller should e.g. regulate input or output valves to keep the level constant.

Your question is not clear at all. Do you have problem with the mathematical model itself or do you only have problems implementing it in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,436 Views)

Thank for your reply. 

i have modeled in mathematically i got the transfer function in mathematical form . My probelm is that how i can implement it  in the Labview and how to use pid controller for  given tank. pLz help me

Regards

lenin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,431 Views)

There are several examples of PID control and simulated feedback that ship with the PID toolkit, I would start there.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,411 Views)

It's Monday morning and this is the first thing to pop into my mind after reading the subject line.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FSK

If you have the Control Design and Simulation Model, we already have fully functional examples on this subject. Please open the example finder and go to "Control and Simulation >> Case Studies >> Process Control >> Horizontal cylinder and tank with level control". or just open directly from the file system:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Process Control\Horizontal Cylinder\horizontal cylinder nonlinear tank with level control.vi

Now, notice that this is a "horizontal cylinder tank. If you have a typical tank, than you should have to modify the equation that is solving.

Hope this helps

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,338 Views)

Hi BARPI

thanks for the reply .  Iam trying to make the model out from that.  My tank having  a shape of rectangular prism with top open.

regrds

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,314 Views)

Hi Barpi , Rest of all and NI Control system and simulation group

I  Have taken the model from the Nonlinear water tank and redesigned according my model. I got the result of the siso water tank with PID controll

THanks for the help....

regards

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,276 Views)

how u have modelled the tank in mathematical term. Kindly let me know??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,261 Views)