LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gui merge

Hello Team ,

how can i use two gui simultaneously in labview.

i m not telling about sub vi.i want to use two gui such that after completing one task via 1 gui another will be started by user.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,055 Views)

Hi jstkrity,

how do you define "two GUI simultaneously"?

When you want to have two VIs (or: their frontpanels) on your screen you just need to open two VIs in parallel…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,045 Views)

if in case you have single vi which shold have different UI and you need to display one after the another, then you can use Tabs and you need to control the tabs as programmatically.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,029 Views)

Hello Team ,

You are right .

First of all , i want to run my first vi .After completing the task via the 1st vi, i will change my connection then after i want to run another 2nd vi and i want that both vi is in single gui but run after completing taskof 1st vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,988 Views)

Look at Subpanels.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,978 Views)

It is really somewhat unclear what you want to do, and you give no "simple code" or examples to explain.  As you've seen from the previous posts, there are several ways to have two VIs with totally different Front Panel appearances (or "GUIs") be executed sequentially, "presenting" their own GUI when they run.  If you have two separate VIs (I'll call them "One" and "Two"), each of which has their own Front Panel that you want to have presented when they are running, you can use a third VI ("Master") that has a sub-Panel and sequentially runs One, then Two in the sub-Panel.

Another way I think you could do this is to simply set the properties of One and Two to Show Front Panel when Running and Close Front Panel when Done (I might not have the names exactly right, but you should be able to get the idea).  Then Master could simply call One, then call Two.  You may want to set the Front Panel properties of One and Two to Full Screen ...  You could, indeed, do away with Master by having One call Two when it is ready to exit, and have Two's Front Panel "cover up" One's.  Depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,974 Views)

First of all , i want to run my first vi .After completing the task via the 1st vi, i will change my connection then after i want to run another 2nd vi and i want that both vi is in single gui but run after completing taskof 1st vi.

Use your VI's as sub vi and try to call in a common Main VI update the results of the two sub VI to Main VI, probably main vi can have separate Tab for different VI Front panel elements

Try to share your actula code

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,956 Views)