From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

In my given vi Main.vi , the problem is that some of the graphs have been disabled. but on mouse hover the unwanted graph values come.

In the example only 5 is enable. on mouse hovering it rarely shows the values of 5. 

I want to show proper values on mouse hover on each graph. 

So how to solve this problem.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,205 Views)

Reshu, you gotta work on more descriptive names for your posts. This is the same name as your last post that I helped you with, but doesn't tell anyone what you problem is regarding.

You can add a Plot Visible check to only show the string if the plot is vicible. I thought that this might result in some intermittent results, but I tried it and it works pretty well.

It does favor the plots on top, though... because that's always the plot that's going to select if the plots overlap. I'm not sure how to fix that part of it unless you take the extra plots out of the graph.

PlotVisible_BD.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reshu

Okay, so I just spent way too much time on this... I added an event to the event structure to handle Plot Attribute changes. This event checks if the plot that was changed is Visible ot Not Visible. If the plot is not visible, it stores the plot's data to a shift register and rewrites that plot's data to be dummy data equal to the Y-scale minimum. When that plot is made visible again, that stored data is restored. This essentially means that any plot that is made not visible will be temporarily shifted out of the way until it is made visible again.

DefectStatisticsVisiblePlots_BD.png

I deserve a Kudo for this one this time.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

Message 3 of 6
(3,075 Views)

Thanks for helping me..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,028 Views)

Hi, 

Can you help me again regarding the naming on x-axis. As in the attached png the x-axis have months name instead of numeric values. Can I implement the same graphs having strings on the x-axis.?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,894 Views)

Right-click the axis and select "Formatting..." and then go to the Display Format tab (if not already there). Click Advanced Editing Mode and enter in "%<%B>T" for the format string. This should give you months like you want. You can play around with it a little bit using the table at the bottom to find the right format specifiers.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,867 Views)