LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global variable not executable in different project file

good morning,

Im having some problem to get data using global variable. Im working on a chiller project and the whole project is divided into 2 different project (GUI and RT). i created a global variable in GUI and used it in the different VI's in GUI and face no problem.When i use the global variable in RT im not geting the value that is been produced by global variable in GUI.

Can we use global variable or should we use shared variable to transfer data from one project to another different project.Which part of the project should i create the global variable (GUI or RT).

Thanks

regards

Shamaran 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,536 Views)

I prefer shared variable if you are having two projects. Is it giving you error while opening a vi which contains global variable?

or have you stored gobal vi on two different locations of two different projects? it may create problem.

What you can do is create single process shared variables if you are running 2 projects on same PC. I hope it helps.

Best luck

Gaurav KSmiley Happy

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,533 Views)

hai,

thanks for the kind reply

Im not getting any error. Im just not receiving the value. while running the GUI and RT i can see there is value generated by the Global variable but at the same time its not updated in the RT project. I wiill try to do it with shared variable. Which project should i create the shared variable or is it the same if i did in any of them?

thanks

shamaran 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,528 Views)
You can create shared variable in any one of the project and can access it in other by using datasocket.
Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,516 Views)