From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get DAQmx tasks parameters

I've created in MAX 4.0 some DAQmx tasks to control diferent digital outputs bits (I attach a picture of it). I have to develop a TestStand step type with LabVIEW 7.1 in edit mode able to select any of this predefined tasks and show the bits correspondence (following the picture it would be for example "DigitaOut4 -> Dev1/por0/line2"). Is there some method to get all those parameters? Does somebody has a small example? Thanks in advance.

Mackemann
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,415 Views)

You can get all of this information from DAQmx property nodes. I wrote a quick example and there are probably more on either the LabVIEW or DAQ boards.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-30-200602:56 PM

Message 2 of 4
(2,388 Views)

Hi Dennis, that was a big help. Just a second question relating this item. The method "DAQmx System Property" lists all the tasks and doesn't make differences between digital input task or digital output task. Is there some method able to get information?

Thanks in advance!

Mackemann

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,363 Views)
Hi again
    I've just found the property I was looking for. It's Channel Type inside the DAQmx Channel Properties.

Thanks anyway
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)