LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generic error, Labview load error code 3: Could not load front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been working on several vi's. Once i had to restart the system and then only one of the VIs is not working.

I searched through the discussion forums but i am not able to do anything.

I have attached here the VI which shows an error as

Generic error.

Labview load error code 3: Could not load front panel.

I am now using Labview 2009, 32-bit.

I have attached the error dialogue and also the program.

I would be happy if some one could help me on this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,720 Views)

I am able to open the VI just fine with LabVIEW 2009. Of course, after opening the VI and looking at the block diagram I sort of wished I hadn't.

You said you had to restart. Was LabVIEW running at the time and you did a hard restart? If so, it's possible something with LabVIEW got mangled. Does this happen with other VIs, or just this one. Have you tried opening an earlier revision to see if the same thing happens? (You *are* using source code control, right? Right?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,715 Views)

As i mentioned, the problem is with only that labview. The restart was not related with any problem in the labview. I was working with other labview VIs along with this one. Before restart, all the labview application were closed.

I dont know what are you mentioning about 'source code'.

Another thing, i have a version of 8.2 and is unable to open newer version of VIs.

I would be happy to know the probable solution.

Rgrds,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,694 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fhs_dur

I installed f3 patch and the problem is solved.

Thank you for the help so far

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,689 Views)

fhs_dur wrote:

Another thing, i have a version of 8.2 and is unable to open newer version of VIs.

You cannot open VIs created in a newer version of LabVIEW with older versions of LabVIEW. The LabVIEW VI file format is not backwards compatible. If you have the version of LabVIEW the VI was written in then you do File -> Save for Previous Version. If you do not, then you can post a request in the Version Conversion board.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,681 Views)