From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate data string

hi..i have a simple question for those who is expert with Labview..i need to generate a dummy string data to test my program. I try to use while loop and use the shift register to loop back the string so that the string will always be append in the string indicator.

pls help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,127 Views)
If you put "Testing 123..." in "String" and run this VI, you'll see that the concatenated string shows "Testing 123...", then "Testing 123...Testing 123...", then three of these, then four, etc.  In other words, it seems to work just fine.  This is what your code suggests should happen, and it seems to work.  Is this not what you expect?

Bob Schor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,123 Views)

hi..

I want to make a string dummy data for my GSM application. i want to make a similar data as the actual data. modem will always read if there is any new msg received.because there are too many data, i have to enable vertical scrollbar to view all datas. so when there is new data received, the new will be at the top of the string indicator. and the previous data will be at the bottom.

but when i try using the shift reg in the while loop to loop back the data, it didnt show as the actual data. so i wonder why this happen? and how should i do to generate the dummy data similar to the actual.

thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,104 Views)
Hi gdah,

to add new data in front of your string you have to change the wiring at the "concat string" function (first new data, 2nd old data)!

Why don't you use your example string to create dummy data? Simply pick a line of text...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,093 Views)