From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftdi read in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for reply. I have enabled VCOM driver as well as D2XX drivers in the Internal MTP ROM. At the same time slave address and slave I2C ID. The device is visble as VCOM port but I need to establish an serial communication via VCOM Port through VISA communication.

Now the I2C functionality is completely taken care by the I2C IC. Here I need not work for the I2C protocol as per the defined datasheets from FTDI. Therefore it means the problem is in the NI VISA TEST PANEL Setttings.

I have attached the error Marked in red at the "VIEW ATTRIBUTES" under VISA Test Panel 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,801 Views)
That error should be ignored as it only applies to converters from NI.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,790 Views)
Thanks for the reply. Yes I can get your idea. But if that is not the issue can you please tell me where the exact problem lies at ? Whether at the settings or configuration?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,778 Views)

Hi Chrish H,

I am not able to read/ write in the VISA TEST Panel also. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,762 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right with the point. I am trying to establish serial communication with the FTDI device hence this will be suitable for me to use VCOM in VISA architecture and perform my read write operation right. 

I am not very clear why I need to go for an FTDI cable where my IC perform all the conversion operation and takes over the protocol itself. Kindly provide your idea.

Fredrick Johnson JOSEPH 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,761 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,756 Views)
Sending the id query makes no sense at all. That is an IEEE.488.2 command and you are not talking to that type of instrument. You just can't make these commands up and think they'll work.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,746 Views)

Hi Sam!

Could you please help me with the following Post? Thanks

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FTDI-protocol-architecture/td-p/3085003

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,647 Views)

hi 

could you solve this problem?

can you send me the vi?