From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frontmost panel

Hi,

in my application i want create panel that will be always frontmost but it will allow me control other panels (like LabVIEW help, tools panels).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Check
VI Properties -> Window Appearance -> Window is Modal.

or use lvwutil.zip (download from NI) to set front panel
to topmost at runtime.

George Zou
http://gtoolbox.yeah.net
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Hi, GeorgeZou

Property "Window is Modal" does not allow get focus of another window.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Thank you for your continued patronage of the discussion forum. Those of us at tech support appreciate your activities.
The LabVIEW model option for VIs only makes the VI model in LabVIEW and not across all applications in Windows. There is a library you can download (I believe George was referring to it) that makes VIs Windows model. This means that the front panel will always be top most even if another application is being used. (you have to remember to revoke always on top status when you are done). You can find the library at www.ni.com >> in the search bar at the top left of the screen type �windows api function utility 32� . The second hit is the library. I found this library useful enough that I added it to my functions palette

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Thanks for comment.
I used this library after George comment and function "Make window modal" works good.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,843 Views)