From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel locks up

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

Not sure if it would make a difference in this situation, but I try to avoid the value signaling property nodes, and instead use dynamic event registration. I find it to fit better with the dataflow paradigm. I also find it easier to follow what's happening when picking up someone elses code. At one point I was trying to figure out how the heck something in my queued state machine was being queued up, only to realize a value signaling property was used to fire an event which then queued up that state. Problem was, when you have lots of property nodes, they all tend to look the same and in this case it was easily missed. This is probably a matter of preference though, and just my 2 cents.

Message 21 of 22
(472 Views)

I'm kind of committed to the value signal for now but next time I'll use a user event. Used them before but didn't like all the setup time and real estate required whereas the value signal is quick and dirty. I don't like dirty. Smiley Surprised

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(457 Views)