cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeze GUI on purpose

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I would like to freeze the GUI during the process time (about 20s). I am thinking of finding how much time i need to process the data, wait such an amount of time, and then displays data.

I'm new at Labview so any advice will be really appreciated. Should I do it with a stacked sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,640 Views)

Hi,

What do you mean by freeze the GUI?  If you want to prevent changes being displayed e.g. outputs from the program then you can use a property node called defer panel updates which will stop any changes you make being shown until you re-enable the updates.  Check out the example at http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4519.

If you want to prevent inputs from the user a common trick is to call another VI that goes full screen.  You can set the panel to be transparent so the customer cannot use the panel but can still see it.

Hope this helps.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 2 of 4
(2,629 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christophe69000
I have been using the 'Set Busy' and 'Unset Busy' vis under the Cursor palette to inform the user when my program is busy.  The 'Set Busy' has an option to disable click if you don't want anyone click on controls.  Windows has trained us with the hourglass icon, so users generally know that the program is busy when the cursor changes.
Message 3 of 4
(2,610 Views)

Thank you very much for you help!

very useful links and VIs!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,574 Views)