From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga channel acquisition. basic question

Dears,

first I hope I am posting in the right section of the forum. If no I am really sorry.

I am here for, maybe, a strange (and really basic) question. I have a good experience with DAQ systems but now my acquisition system is composed of a cRIO9074 with some analog and digital modules (NI 9403,9211,9203,9263,9205). I created an FPGA project and I am able to acquire all the channels I need. The thing I do not understand at all is:

If I want to acquire channels, for instance, at 50kHz, I was expected to read 50kHz values per second into the vi where I will process these data but it is not so. Maybe I have to create such a buffer (FIFO, memory,shared variables...) into the FPGA vi but I am not able to solve this problem. For sure I am missing some basical concept of FPGA systems.

Can anyone help me? I am reading loads of tutorials or examples but I still do not understand.

Hoping in an help.

Best regards,
Guido Ritelli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,954 Views)

Hello Guido,

If LabVIEW FPGA is a completely new blank sheet for you it might be a good idea to first go through these training slides:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3555

They will explain alot of concepts to you (including the "FPGA FIFO's" that are currently confusing you).

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,907 Views)