LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga Sending vi to target (RIO) project!

I am using a RIO 9074 as a target on a project withing labvies 8.5. I have a vi previously written, but when I try to sent it to the target there is many errors that apear within the vi. The reason for this, is because the RIO does not support all functionallity that is used on 8.5.

Does anyone know if there are any conversion tools or files available to help debug these errors quickly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,236 Views)

Hi Jaykay,

I don't believe there is any quick way as such to do this.  The easiest way is to identify what part of your code it is complaining about.  There is a KB here that tells you what toolkits are not supported under real time although the majority are.  Also any Windows specific technologies will not work e.g. ActiveX calls.

If it is not apparent to you what part of the code is not functioning then if you can post a picture of the error that you are getting then perhaps we can identify it from this.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Hi Jaykay,

Have you got this deployed now or are you still having issues?

Regards

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,194 Views)

Thank you for your reply. As of yet I have not fixed the errors. There are a total of 56 errors most of which are easily identified but its the time scale of the debugging is the problem.

From research I have been made aware that I can actually split my VI into two. Because part of my VI is a HMI I can use a touchscreen that is actually a PC running Windows CE, so most of the functionality of the vi will operate from these. Obviously I will need to install labview PDA module. So half of my VI will be running (the problem area's) will be running in the touch screen unit and the rest will run in a VI in the RIO.

I will let you know how it goes.

jaykay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,174 Views)