LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

format string syntax equals = sign

Hi,

I am using the Scan from string vi, and I would like to output the number part from an input string that has the format: "t_univ=1234".
Is it possible to get just 1234 as an output? Labview has issues with the equals sign and underscore, but I don't know how to get around it!

Also, I am using LabVIEW 7.1; does this version have the Read from spreadsheet file vi String instance? Or does it only have the Double instance?

Thanks

Aya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,499 Views)

What kind of 'issues' are you talking about?

And no, the Read From Spreadsheet is only for SGL but there are instructions on the block diagram on hwo to change it for strings. It's a good editing exercise for beginners. Be sure to save as a new name and in a new location.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-21-2008 04:07 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,494 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply, but what if the data is in a format that is always string_string=number ?
Can you have a formatting string that can deal with that? Or do you have to know the input string and specify it every time?

Thank you

Aya
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,487 Views)
No, you don't need to specify it every time. If the text before the = sign changes and the lenght varies, I would probably use a Match Pattern function with = as the regular expression. The 'after substring' output is your number.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,461 Views)