LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexible database insert

hi all!

after hours of trials, searching this forum and others now the very important question: I use the database-connectivity kit with labview 8.5 and want to create a flexible database-insert procedure. I easily want to insert row by row of a 2-dim array, by knowing the specific amount of columns for the chosen table. 

my idea is: a gui for database-table view and editor function for any table in the database. What I did is, you can currently view each table in the database, change something inside. now i buffer the whole information of the changed table, delete the content in the database and write the changed buffered content back by using the INSERT - VI.

I always get the error message, that the number of columns is not equal to the number of parameters.I don't want to bring in the code specific information for a table, because my programm should work with any table in the database. 

... is there anyone of you, who is able to help me out ? I get crazy by this time ...

i added the vi in the attachement, unfortunatelly it is  a bit in german/englisch, sorry for that.

thx a lot !

energymix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,174 Views)

Database will return error if you right any empty string to it and in the code the table is written directly  without  parsing the table string for empty strings.  I suspect that there might be some extra empty cells are there in the table that is creating the problem.  So just parse the entire table for blank spaces -> truncate the entire table to the size the database expects->Update the data in the database.

Hope this helps.

With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,161 Views)