LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flatten string function in other language

What is that VI supposed to show? It's meaningless to me. What data are you trying to send over TCP/IP? It seems as if you are sending the connection reference. This is completely useless to a C program.
Message 11 of 17
(714 Views)
I use flatten string, since originally it is easy to cut the info out piece by piece as the attached vi.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(712 Views)

The connection reference is useful in the later part to keep the processing uniform on the server.

To use the flatten string is because it easily cope with arrays.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(709 Views)
The question is what do the client  side expect to see. Do you have any specs? Is some sort of C struct?
Message Edited by Coq rouge on 05-30-2009 04:15 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 14 of 17
(708 Views)

What the client side see is hex format 14000000 000c5443
50436c69 656e7420 524e2a90 0045.

But seems difficult to explain with the following link.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvconcepts/type_descriptors/

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(699 Views)

Or may you give any details of how to use other method as type caster.

By the way, may I know how to ge the binary string display in format such as A098 8BC7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(675 Views)

I know what type descriptors are. What I don't know is what the heck you're doing or why. You have not explained the overall application, nor what data is being transferred or why, and what this C client is supposed to do. The statement "The connection reference is useful in the later part to keep the processing uniform on the server." makes no sense to me. What "later part"? Why does the C code even need the connection reference? That reference is only valid in the LabVIEW environment. I have no idea why you're trying to deal with type descriptors if you're trying to transfer data.

Please start from the beginning and explain what you're doing. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(660 Views)