LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerprint recognition

Is there any tech can be used for fingerprint recognition in LV.
We have a Microsoft fingerprint keyboard. We want to integrate it into our Labview software for user login.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,919 Views)
Hello,

The Microsoft fingerprint reader keyboard uses technology from DigitalPersona, from whom you can obtain the software development kit for their systems, which comes in the form of a library of ActiveX controls.  LabVIEW can easily interface with and control the reader through these ActiveX controls.  For the specific details on the ActiveX interface, you may want to check out DigitalPersona's site.  Sadly, I don't think the SDK is available for free, but again I suggest speaking with them for more details.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 2 of 13
(5,888 Views)
Hi there, is it possible to create a fingerprint recognition VI and link to LV using vision builder? Ur help is much appreciated
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,657 Views)
Not yet. Those Italy guys already get something.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,632 Views)
Hi Seng,

It should be possible to make a fingerprint recognition VI with NI's Vision software.  You would probably find it easiest to work with the Golden Template VIs.  I wouldn't recommend this approach for a security application, however.

Wes P
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
Message 5 of 13
(5,596 Views)
Thanks for the info. However, i'm still a novice for NI vision builder. Can do me a favour? Just show me how to create a Labview subVI of fingerprint recognition using NI vision buider. Attach is the fingerprint image.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,584 Views)
Seng,

Creating a fingerpring identification application is a large undertaking.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to develop this application for you.  However, I will be able to provide some useful information to help you out.  First of all, I would take a look at the Online VBAI Tutorial.  This should help you familiarize yourself with Vision Builder.  Secondly, I would look at the Golden Template Example for LabVIEW.  The Golden Template is a useful tool within Vision that would likely be useful in fingerprint identication.  Finally, National Instruments has Alliance Partners who provide fingerprint toolkits.  The Machine Vision/Image Acquisition Tools page has links to these third party sites.  Specifically, look at BiometricsVIEW under the Third Party section of the page.  I hope this information proves useful to you.  Good luck!

Wes P
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
Message 7 of 13
(5,557 Views)

Thanks for the recommended tutorial. Now, i'm just wonder whether is possible to do a "1:many" or "many:many" fingerprint matching? What i did was a "many:1" fingerprint  matching method and is there any idea on how to do a matching between a new image with  pre-programmed fingerprints in the database which is "1: many" ? Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,358 Views)
Hi Seng,

My thoughts would be to create steps so that you test the fingerprint against each one in the database.  One way you could make this more efficient is to create regions of interest within each fingerprint.  You could then try to match one ROI, and then eliminate all of the fingerprints that do not correspond.  You could then evaluate the second ROI and eliminate all fingerprints that do not correspond, etc.  In this way, you should be able to create a database to do 1:many matching.

Wes P
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
Message 9 of 13
(5,331 Views)
Message 10 of 13
(5,125 Views)