LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find imaqdx

Hello, I recently moved to a new Win 7 install.

I installed labviews 2013-32 bit and 2013-64 bit. I used to have 2009-32 but didn't bother to reinstall it.

Now when loading a VI I get a "Find the Control Named IMAQdx.ctl" error.

All other IMAQ vi's load.

I have

- Installed all updates

- Installed 2013LV-64WinEng.exe

- Installed VAS_2013_08.zip

- Installed IMAQ 4_6_4

- Installed VDM2013

- Repaired the installation.

- The licence manager reports "all green" for

Vision Aquistion Software (September 2013)

Vision Development Module 2013 (FULL / Vision RunTime)

Vision Application Builder AI 2012 SP1 (Vision Builder AI Full Featured)

Vision Application Builder AI 2012 (Vision Builder AI Full Featured)

What am I missing?

Thanks again everyone,

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,949 Views)

Bump!!

Anyone? I'm dead in the water with no ideas as what to do next.

Gunter

Message 2 of 11
(3,926 Views)

This sounds like a strange issue. The error about the missing imaqdx.ctl usually happens when IMAQdx is not properly installed or activated. However, in your case you confirmed in NI License Manager that they are activated. Did you install Vision Acquisition Software after you installed LabVIEW? Like other drivers, VAS needs to be installed after LabVIEW.

Also, what is the VI that actually produces the error?

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,903 Views)

Thanks Jeremy.

I may have a solution / work around, I found the (or a similar version of the?) file in the Program Files (x86) directory. (I must have, in my frustration, also misdriven the Windows search tool!)

If there's no difference wrt the file I should have found in the 64bit Program Files directory I should be OK.

However with my work around I get a warning from Labview:

Another solution could be to copy everything to the non (x86) folder, at least then Labview will be looking in the right directories?

C:\SIGHTLINE2\SIGHTLINE2 SOURCE\Program\ImageAcq\Acq Global.vi (Acq Global.vi)
    - The control expected to be at "<vilib>:\userdefined\High Color\IMAQdx.ctl" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\userdefined\High Color\IMAQdx.ctl".
C:\SIGHTLINE2\SIGHTLINE2 SOURCE\Program\ImageAcq\Strict Def Controls\Bottom camera setup.ctl (Bottom camera setup.ctl)
    - The control expected to be at "<vilib>:\userdefined\High Color\IMAQdx.ctl" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\userdefined\High Color\IMAQdx.ctl".
C:\SIGHTLINE2\SIGHTLINE2 SOURCE\Program\ImageAcq\Strict Def Controls\Color camera setup.ctl (Color camera setup.ctl)
C:\SIGHTLINE2\SIGHTLINE2 SOURCE\Program\ImageAcq\Strict Def Controls\Height camera setup.ctl (Height camera setup.ctl)

Thanks again Jeremy for your help,

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,894 Views)

I don't think that moving files around manually would be the best approach. That could cause more problems than it helps. It is usually better to rely on the installer to place the files.

Maybe you could try uninstalling Vision Acquisition Software one more time? Make sure to install support for both LabVIEW 32 and 64. This document demonstrates how to do this with pictures:

How Do I Install Vision Development Module with LabVIEW 64 Support

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,878 Views)

Thanks again.

At the moment just being able to build has got me rolling again.

I'll try your suggestion when I've got a little time to play around.

Thanks again, give me a day or two.

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,861 Views)

Hi Jeremy - I think the root cause is explained.

The link you posted says:

"There is only one installer for VDM and it includes components for 32-bit and 64-bit installations.  The VDM installers automatically detects which version of LabVIEW is installed on your computer, then installs the appropriate support for this version."

BUT

LabView 64-Bit vs. 32-Bit Applications, here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/71E9408E6DEAD76C8625760B006B6F98

says:

Q. Can I have both LabVIEW 32-bit and LabVIEW 64-bit installed on the same 64-bit machine?
A. Yes.

SO: I suspect the VDM installer is not finding Labview 64-bit and installing only the 32-bit version.

How do I get around this? I need the 32-bit version as well.

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,851 Views)

When you run the installer for the Vision Development Module, is LabVIEW support selected for both LabVIEW 32-bit and 64-bit? The should not have an X next to either one of them. If it has a green check mark or a picture of a hard drive, then it should install. 

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,830 Views)

When I run the Vision Development Module installer, no such menu appears. It just runs. No options.

So ...

I removed

- all the vision stuff and

- labview 32 bit.

When I reinstalled the VDM, it selected 64 bit and only installed 64 bit (as your "how to install VDM" link said it would). So no more broken links when loading.

EXCEPT NOW

1) my license manager now fails and tells me VDM is not licensed. Except license manager tells me it is. See attached.

& long term

2) I will need support back for 32 bits.

How do I proceed in

1) the short term

2) the long term

Thanks again for your help.

Gunter

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,808 Views)

When you run the installer, you should see a menu like this:

VDM2010.PNG

The system should automatically detect if the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of LabVIEW are installed and it should automatically populate the tree to install those features. It could be that there is a problem in your system that is preventing this tree from auto-populating. Make sure that an icon of a hard drive is next to LabVIEW 32 bit and 64 bit.

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,790 Views)