LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find derivatives of mathematical function and visualize on XY plot together with mathematical function

Hi,

this is the first time i use labview and i'm a beginning developer but i'd like to create a VI that receiving the formula of mathematical function(exponential, logarithmic, sine, cosine, tangent, polinomial, exc) find the derivatives of these function and plot on XY graph either function either function's derivatives.

If someone can help me, i really appreciate.

Thank you so much

Giorgio Massaro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,971 Views)

Look at the Polynomial pallette in the Mathematics section.  Lots of functions there for evaluating poly's, finding differentials, plotting poly's, etc.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,962 Views)

please can you show me a possible solution i'm not so good as this is the first time i use labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,931 Views)

Here is how you would plot an equation.

Correction: I had the coefficients in the wrong order based on the comment.  I was wondering why I didn't get the same value on paper.  I also added a bit to calculate the first order derivative.  This can be plotted in a similar fashion.

Example_VI.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,921 Views)