LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find a value in a boolean array

Hey I have a boolean array with 500,000 values and I need to find the only one thats true. Is there an easy way to find this value?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(8,159 Views)

Search 1D Array works fine with boolean arrays.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(8,150 Views)

Search array?

Do you just want to find it (get the index) or do you also need to verify that there is only one?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(8,147 Views)

@Neil_Helsel wrote:

Hey I have a boolean array with 500,000 values and I need to find the only one thats true. Is there an easy way to find this value?

Thanks

I don't understand this question.

Use boolean logic.

Or do you actually need the index of the value that is TRUE.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(8,144 Views)

So far we assumed that you have a 1D array (you did not say!)

(In the more general case, this idea would help too, but it does not seem to get a lot of love. 😉 Only 16 kudos 😞 )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(8,137 Views)

Define "find the only one that's true"

Does that mean detect that there is a true in the array?  Or you want to know the location of the true in the array? Are you searching a 1d array?

Search 1d array on the array pallet if you want to know the location if it is a 1d array.

Or Array elements if you just want to know if there is a true value in the array.

Message 6 of 25
(8,131 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(In the more general case, this idea would help too, but it does not seem to get a lot of love. 😉 Only 16 kudos 😞 )

Gosh, I do that all the time. +1 for sure.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(8,119 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

Define "find the only one that's true"

Does that mean detect that there is a true in the array?  Or you want to know the location of the true in the array? Are you searching a 1d array?

The sentence "find the only one that is true" implies that there is exactly one that is true, so finding it implies getting its index. We already know the value and that it xists exactly once.

The only complication would be in the case of higher dimensions, but he only gave a single number of elements, so it is probably 1D.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(8,114 Views)

@dan_u wrote:

Search 1D Array works fine with boolean arrays.

I want to find when it's true (1) so I tried to put 1 into the element node, but it asks for some sort of array. So I'm just confused about this.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(8,110 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

So far we assumed that you have a 1D array (you did not say!)

I'm sorry it's a 2D array.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(8,080 Views)