From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature request - runtime window alignment of the front panel

Solved!
Go to solution
I wish there was a "pair of coordinates", marked by two positions on the front panel which would serve as the display rectangle upper-left and lower right positions for my front panel when it runs. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about the state of my view when I quit editing.  I could simply mark the display bounds and be assured that all controls and indicators which were intended to be seen at run time, would be visible and correctly aligned with the panel's window.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,383 Views)

That might be one to submit to the product suggestion center.

I know there is a distinctive origin point that show up on the front panel.  The grid has two darker grey lines and a grey dot at their intersection.  You can set up your controls in a way that the origin point is one of your windows, and you can manually adjust your window as need to put that dot back in the corner.

You could use property nodes at the beginning of your VI to set the panel bounds for your front panel window.

You can also go into VI properties and set Run Time Window Position.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdhuntsman

I would advise you to have a look at this blog post, that deals exactly with your problem.

It is about the OpenG toolkit function Fit VI window to Largest decoration.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 3
(2,351 Views)