LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatel error on extfuncdlg with line 1582

It is difficult to tell if its the DLL or LabVIEW that is ultimatily the end result of the crash.  I will say that a cpp error is not the most elagant way to tell someone that some incorrect behavior has occured.  On the otherhand if you use a Call Library Node Function to call a bad DLL it will close labVIEW as well.  I think this is something R&D is going to have to troubleshoot.  You may want to try to comment out portions of your source and recompile your DLL (if possible) to see if it is related to certain code inside of the source. 

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,330 Views)

Kevin,

I tried deleting the Dll then set up the call function node; typing in each entry as opposed to selecting it from the dropdown. Saved and closed the VI, then reopened and linked it to the dll when LV searched for it. The Vi  did not crash LV but it did show a broken arrow with an error “Function not found in library.”

I know that this particular function is in the dll (it’s a 3rd party dll so I do not have the source code) because I have sample C code and Java that calls this function and works properly.

I am currently trying to create c code to utilize the code interface node, and attempt to call the dll this way. Unfortunately I am not by any means fluent in c code. Possibly this approach will work for you?

I am posting in hopes that this information is helpful and we can help each other and find a workaround.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,320 Views)
Hi, Chris,

Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, I don't have the source code either. And neither I fluent in C.

I will contact with the CAEN guy for help since he told me it worked. I am wondering if he used a very old version Labview.  He was on vacation now , but certainly will back to work next week. I will let you know if i have any good news.

Best regards,
Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,312 Views)
Dear all,
  I'm Stefano Coluccini from CAEN, Kevin advised me about this thread and I think that it could be useful for you to take a look at this other thread too:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=239067&requireLogin=False

I will look at this thread too in the future and I will inform you about the progress on that.

Kind regards,
Stefano.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,287 Views)
Dear All,
  we finally have found the cause of the problem: we added to the library project some "glue code" to make it directly callable from Visual Basic 6.0 and this result in an incompatibility with labview user interface. Since VB6 is not important for us as LabView, we decided to cut this code making it compatible with LV.
I'm attaching an "unofficial" version of the library to this post so that anyone interested can make tests. As soon as possible we will release an official version on the website.

Thanks a lot for all the comments and suggestions,
Stefano.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,253 Views)