From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

face recognition using labview

I, am into my final year project. I am  doing face recognition using labview. I want to know how to compare image using labview. it would be  great if someone helped , as it is proving to be a major obstacle in my way

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,327 Views)

Hi Sibom,

You may want to check Vision Development Module for LabVIEW. You can check them out at

http://www.ni.com/labview/vision/

In this forum, people try to answer questions but we would need you to do your part of the work and what you have done to resolve the issue that you face. We can't help you if you just wanted answer without even trying.

Regards

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
Message 2 of 6
(11,323 Views)

You Might also look into the examples provided with NI Vision. There's one pretty good example for pattern recognition that might make your project obsolete... I haven't looked into it to deeply though.

You can find the example in your NI direction:

National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\examples\Vision\2. Functions\Geometric Matching

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(11,313 Views)

I have succesfully matched the front view of a face . But the template matching considers only the position of the image in template . If the image is a little angled or tilted than the template's image it gives a score of zero. Also if u can please tell me if a side view can be used to reconstruct or recognise the front view template of an image , eg. a face.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(11,262 Views)

Hi Sibom,

There are various face recognizing algorithms available. If your purpose is simple face recognition, then the simplest method would be to segment the image using a line, and to perform the recognition for every tilt of the image.Tthus when the line traces 180 degrees, all possible positions would have been verified. 

If you like a more holistic approach you can have a look at the trace transform model and the active appearance model, which are used in the industry.

These models can be studied at : 

http://www.face-rec.org/algorithms/#Image

Here are a few other algorithms for face recognition :

*Automated Face Detection System utilizing USB WebCam 

*Face Recognition using Vector Quantization Histogram Technique 

Regards,

Siva

A Face Recognition Software using Vector Quantization Histogram Technique 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(11,224 Views)

good afternoon,

i am doing my project in eye detection technology.

i am new to labview software.

i have been trying to locate eye region but i am not getting perfect results for that.

i am using pattern matching in vision assisstanat.

please guide me.

i need your help very badly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(10,607 Views)