LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting xy plane from 3d graph

I'm trying to create an isosurface map which is essentially a a 2D represenation of a sphere (shown in red in the attachment).

So far I've generated a 3D sphere, isolated the XY plane... then I need to get these values some how.

In another attempt to create this generated data, I rotated a 1/4 of a sinc wave around the y-axis of a 3D graph, then extracted the 2D data.  Although this works, I don't think the slopes of the sinc and the circle are the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions for achieving this?  I've looked at a lot of posts and haven't found what I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,234 Views)

So I'm guessing that you want to be able to specify a z hieght and then return all of the x,y coordinates of the sphere at that z value. This in effect will generate a circle correct? Is there a formula for this? That is, given a radius for a sphere and a distance from the center, calculate the xy coordinates......

Chris C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,207 Views)
Yeah, I seemed to be a bit confused on the scientific explaination of the isotropic map.  Some of the images that described the radiation pattern sent me in a few circles, but I think I finally got it.  Here is what I was going for.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,183 Views)