From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract plot data from a E5061B analyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a third party document showing a Labview front panel with the plot from an Agilent E5061B netwark analyzer. So we think this is possible.

We have a Agilent E5061B netwark analyzer. Running Labview 2014 on a win7 pc and using a USB GPIB interface. And the example .vi "Agilent ENA series acquie trace.vi, Agilent ENA series interactive application.vi, E5061B acquired trace"  We can't get Labview to extract the plot data from the Agilent E5061B netwark analyzer.

Dose anyone install Labview on there analyzer?

Any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,121 Views)

I do not have this Analyzer, so I cant tetst it.

But in the drivers, under the Data palette, there is a VI called "Read Data and Memory Array.vi".  The help (Ctrl+ H shortcut on the keyboard), says this" For the active trace of selected channel, reads out the formated or corrected data or memory array."  Is this what you are looking for?

You would need to look up how to create a Smith plot if you wanted something other than a default graph output.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,102 Views)

Hi Kenny:

thankyou for your response. Please explain to me what is the difference between formatted data or correct data or memory array? Amplitude in the x direction and frequency on the y scale. Please add this vi to get xy graph data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,088 Views)

You don't install LabVIEW on the analyzer. You need to download the instrument driver found here. You can then pick the out the pieces you need to create your application (getting the trace). A good place to start is the vi tree found in the driver as well as the examples. Make sure when your hooked up to the NWA that you can see it in NI MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,083 Views)

Hi Viper:

Yes downloaded it and got it to work up to the graphing feature. Our fetch trace vi doesn't work.  Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,073 Views)

Hi 

Can you help mehow  to measure impedance in the E5061B using  labview

or

atlest visa commands for measuring impedance

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edoc
Use Help> Find Instrument Drivers.

The SCPI commands that the driver uses are all listed on your manual.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,948 Views)
Solution

HI Dennis:

I have found out the scpi command by talking with keysight.  Thankyou kindly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,936 Views)

Hi edoc,

Can you guide me how did you figured it out

thanking you,

Regards,

venugopal

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,910 Views)
Solution

Hi Dennis:

Keysight gave me the scpi commands full definitions. I found out that the e5061b network analyzer only sends simulation data first, :SENS1:FREQ:DATA?

in a serial download. Then the second command, :CALC1:DATA:FDAT? is sends the response values. The response values have zeros intermixed with the real data. The current ni drivers don't work. So the issue has been elevated to NI R&D. Hopefully they will come back with a soultion. At this time the problem hasn't been resolved. Ni has to write a new serial driver.vi.

Thankyou for your assistance,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,850 Views)