LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract part of a signal

Hi,
I can display a wave form which I extract inside a while loop. I have another local variable which serves as a counter. The counter counts from 0 to 100 and then reset to 0 again and start counting. I need to extract portions of the signal which correspond to counter values from 0 to 50. Each portion (0-50) of the signal need to be stored as a row in a 2-D array.

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks,
Ravi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,122 Views)

I think that you probably can do this with an index array of the original data, with a little logic to adust the indices, and a case to determine what to save or not. If you have some existing code it might clarify what you are doing to make explaining what you need to do a little easier.

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,118 Views)
Please refer to attached vi.  ADModule contains the required library functions for A-D card.
Now, in the Ravi ...test1.vi, while loop at the bottom collects the timing signal. I can access that as a local variable "Parallel Port Counter" in the while loop above, where I collect waveform signal from A-D card.
My timing signal coming from a stepper motor, which can move speciman in x-y plane. It scans line by line in x-direction. First 50 counts are rfering to scanning one line in x-direction and 50-100 means returning back. Now the counter resets, y value increment by one and start to scan the second line in x-direction. So, I want to collect amplitude and phase values into two different arrays as a matrix. Each array should be a 2-D.
I am trying to use the Parallel Port Counter for timing. It counts from 0-100. I want to save amplitude values from the A-D waveform, which corresponding to 0-50 of the counter, into first line of the array. Next 0-50 into second row and so on.
ADBUFMOV.vi can move captured signal from A-D card.

How can I save amplitude corresponding to counter 0-50 values into an array of a file?
Thanks,
 Ravi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,109 Views)