LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external component modified since last VI save

Hi !!

it's been quite a bit that I'm stuck with this message "External component modified since last VI save". One explanation on the forum does not solve my problem.

The problem is :

I have a simple VI (enclosed) that I open on two different computers. Each time I save it on one computer and I open it on the second one Labview shows the mysterious message "External component modified..."... and I have to save the VI... Back to the first computer - same thing...

Does anyone know where should I search to get rid of this message ?

Thanks for any suggestions...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,630 Views)

You had asked basically the same question a while ago.

You probably have two different versions of Excel on each computer. Or, you have one with a different service pack.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,618 Views)

........No, I've checked that... same version of excel on both computers and same SP... any other hints ? Thanks anyway...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,608 Views)

Hello,

Maybe it is the difference of the operating systeme, do you use the same operating systeme on both computers? (Windows XP, Windows 7)?

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,597 Views)

...Same OS on both computers XP Pro SP3... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,584 Views)

Ok,

What does your application do anyway? It could be a problem of the Active X Refernces

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,576 Views)

My application opens Excel, creates a workbook and etc and then sends a 2D array... Yes, the problem seems to come from a different component somewhere (probably in the Active X references as you said), but I don't really know where to search...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,574 Views)

Do you open and close every Reference correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,569 Views)

Yes, references are opened and closed the same way...

In fact my problem is summarized in the VI I enclosed in my first post... There's one computer that has a different configuration from others here, and when I open that Vi on that computer Labview asks to save it before close (external component modified). I've checked the OS, the Excel version, ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,565 Views)

Do have the same Versions of LabVIEW on both Computers? (Version, Service Pack, Patch, Language, Toolkits, Drivers)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,556 Views)