From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external component modified since last VI save

Hi !!

it's been quite a bit that I'm stuck with this message "External component modified since last VI save". One explanation on the forum does not solve my problem.

The problem is :

I have a simple VI (enclosed) that I open on two different computers. Each time I save it on one computer and I open it on the second one Labview shows the mysterious message "External component modified..."... and I have to save the VI... Back to the first computer - same thing...

Does anyone know where should I search to get rid of this message ?

Thanks for any suggestions...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,639 Views)

You had asked basically the same question a while ago.

You probably have two different versions of Excel on each computer. Or, you have one with a different service pack.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,627 Views)

........No, I've checked that... same version of excel on both computers and same SP... any other hints ? Thanks anyway...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,617 Views)

Hello,

Maybe it is the difference of the operating systeme, do you use the same operating systeme on both computers? (Windows XP, Windows 7)?

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,606 Views)

...Same OS on both computers XP Pro SP3... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,593 Views)

Ok,

What does your application do anyway? It could be a problem of the Active X Refernces

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,585 Views)

My application opens Excel, creates a workbook and etc and then sends a 2D array... Yes, the problem seems to come from a different component somewhere (probably in the Active X references as you said), but I don't really know where to search...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,583 Views)

Do you open and close every Reference correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,578 Views)

Yes, references are opened and closed the same way...

In fact my problem is summarized in the VI I enclosed in my first post... There's one computer that has a different configuration from others here, and when I open that Vi on that computer Labview asks to save it before close (external component modified). I've checked the OS, the Excel version, ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,574 Views)

Do have the same Versions of LabVIEW on both Computers? (Version, Service Pack, Patch, Language, Toolkits, Drivers)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,565 Views)