LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

express table + time stamp

how to create a collum with current time and date in table, using express table vi? when i select "include time data" it adds in the 1904 date etec. however, when i add a timestamp to thesignal, it adds  the proper date and time, hwover it also adds the 1904 date too and also something else whcih i think may be DBL float value .

any ides. i just need the current time with the value?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,846 Views)
What is generating the signal that you have connected to the Build Table? The signal data type already includes time information so there is no reason to add it to the signal but that depends on how you are creating the signal data type in the first place.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,830 Views)
I think Dennis might be on to something regarding the source of the data.  Simulate Signal, for example, uses 0 as the initial timestamp on its signals, which will show up as 1904 as you noticed.  If you do something like in the following VI, you should see current timestamps.

Now if your data is from an actual acquisition from hardware, I believe the timestamp should be correct, so none of the work in the middle to set t0 should be necessary.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,814 Views)
cheers, Jeff, thats exactly what was needed 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,808 Views)
Even simpler with the Simulate Signal is to select Properties and set Time Stamps to Absolute. Then you can wire the signal output straight to the Build Table without any of the other functions.
Message 5 of 5
(3,802 Views)