LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executable

Hi,

I have a project backup which is having only labview2009 exe files. we are planning to access the data in another plant but with this backup no information regarding the variables . so my question is if we visit the site and check the server is it possible to get the variables or how to proceed.

Thanks

sandy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,812 Views)

Very difficult......Better  talk to NI guys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,798 Views)

If by "variables" you mean "shared variables", you can check them in Distributed System Manager. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,787 Views)

hi thanks for the info

if its not shared then what is the solution my aim is to take data from this plant to another plant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,779 Views)

What variables are you talking about?  I have no clue what you are talking about.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,760 Views)

How do I access the data from the server in other plant (labview 2013)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,728 Views)
The answer to that question depends on how the LV2009 application was written, what data it makes available and the format it is in.

The best possible situation would be if the LV2009 application stored all its data in a networked database -- then all you would need is access to the database.

Do you have the source code for the LV2009 application? Where are you (and the remote plant) located? You might want to consider bringing in somebody to help you sort this out. A day of an expert's time is probably all you would need to get an answer to your basic question, and get a sense of how big the project is overall. Your local NI rep could likely point you to someone near you who is good.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,722 Views)

thanks mike,

Actually we are planning to have a dsl connection with the new plant (LV2009) so the backup which i recieved from their plant is exe files only in which i am not able to trace anything currently we have LV2013 with shared variable system . I have no source code currently so my question is whether the server will be working with exe only or it will be having the project files.

Thanks

sandy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,716 Views)

@sandy1234 wrote:

How do I access the data from the server in other plant (labview 2013)

Thanks

That depends fully on how the other program saves its data, does it not?

Apart from the obvious network requirement, you'll need to access files or a database, both which is easy enough in LV2013. Interpreting them can be very hard, depending on #1. If the old program saves binary files, e.g. it'll be hard to figure out unless you have the old code.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,704 Views)